Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rufus rates Record Store Day

Ello, Long time no see! How time flys...

Anyhoo Record Store (shop) Day came and went and this is what I got.

LCD Soundsystem - Pow Pow

Brilliant! Need I say more. James grumbles dryly over a tightly wound new wave groove; as he always does. This is - was - a ltd one sided 12" which is still available in places. See Rough Trade first me thinks. Got this from Rise in Cheltenham... great shop. Bye bye Badlands.

MGMT - Siberian Breaks

My local record shop in Godalming (Record Corner) also celebrated RSD too. I popped in on Monday with my Daddy and he got this for me, a lovely marbled blue, laser etched B-side 12". Now, I heard their new album was not sposed to be any good BUT I do like this track. 12 or so minutes of Love influenced psyche. I like it.

The Oscillation - Future Echo

Rough Trade tweeted me yesterday bout this one. I don't know much about these chaps but I know there is a DC Recordings link somewhere. Bloody good Krautrock, drone pop. Seek it out as only 300 from here or here..

Answer to last post was... Sound of Silver - LCD Soundsystem. Who incidently my folks are off to see on Saturday hopefully.

And the winner was....... No-one! (Won't be doing that again will I?)

No comments: